Membership for IMTA
LIST OF MEMBERS View
Music Therapy is a growing, non-invasive intervention in hospitals, hospices, rehab centres, elders’ homes, army barracks, pre and post –surgical wards, health centres and the like all over the world. Decades back, the Americans had pioneered using music as a therapeutic intervention for rehabilitation of the world war veterans. However, historically and legendarily it is the Indians who pioneered the application of nada as a form of yoga to uplift once level of consciousness to achieve ‘relaxed alertness’.
In view of the rich heritage of musical culture with immense varieties and forms, the Indian music has contributed favourably towards inculcating tremendous resilience among the populations which had been historically facing untold sufferings by way of frequent foreign invasions, uncertainties of climatic changes viz floods, drought causing displacements of populations from place to place, colonial occupations, despotic rulers, superstitious outlook of medieval populations and so on and so forth.
Unfortunately, those esoteric ideas blossomed in the form of principles and practices of yoga, raga chikitsa etc., became decadent due to colonial interferences. It is only in recent years there has been a movement to revive the ancient musical wisdom by some scholars and practitioners of music and music therapy. With the establishment of some music therapy centres in places like Bangalore, Chennai, Delhi, etc. in recent times, many talented youngsters have been enthusiastic to take up music therapy as a serious profession. In view of this, there is a growing need of an association to look after the interest and ambitions of these new professionals. To fulfil their aspiration, and also towards achieving greater professionalism in this highly challenging discipline, Indian music therapy association( IMTA) has now taken its roots.
All music therapists, music healers, musicians, music lovers, medical professionals, psychologists, social service volunteers and the common people believing in the power of music are welcome to join this Association as members.
1) Being a pioneering association, it will help in networking with all music therapists across India.
2) IMTA will have a profile of all its members along with their photos and link to their contact address and Website.
3) Members will get an online platform (on the IMTA Website)to publicize their upcoming workshops / events./p>
4) Universities, institutions and URLs of important music therapy organisations will be showcased in the Website.
5) IMTA will co-sponsor the Members’ Workshops on prior approval.
6) Members will enjoy 40% concession in all IMTA workshops and also 15% rebate on IMTA publications.
There shall be an one -time entrance fee (Registration fee) of Rs. 3000/- for all those who seek membership of the Association.
1) Annual / Ordinary Membership : Ordinary membership fee will be Rs. 2000/-which will be charged annually for every calendar year falling between 1st January and 31st December, starting from 1st January 2019, which will expire on 31st December 2019. If there is a failure to renew the annual membership before the 1 April of the following year, a member may have to re-register. (In addition to registration fees.)
2) Life Membership : For those who wish to avail life membership, there is an option to pay Rs. 20,000/-which will be in addition to the entrance fee of Rs.3000/-. (In addition to registration fees.)
3) Annual / Ordinary Membership : Ordinary membership fee will be Rs. 2000/-which will be charged annually for every calendar year falling between 1st January and 31st December, starting from 1st January 2019, which will expire on 31st December 2019. If there is a failure to renew the annual membership before the 1 April of the following year, a member may have to re-register. (In addition to registration fees.)